-a sour soup. a distinct Filipino comfort food for the soul. as unique as its people. as diverse as its culture. a blend of ingredients prepared to its sour perfection, exciting the palate, soothing the nerves, rousing the senses, bringing back memories of scenic greens, warm sun, blue waters, and the solace of home.
_____________________________________________________

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Folgers Coffee Partners With Habitat for Humanity For a Cause






Folgers Gourmet Selections is teaming up with Habitat for Humanity to help Greater Los Angeles, which is among the most overcrowded places in the United States. By way of creating your own commercial or voting for this simple ad I made here, Folgers will donate $1 to Habitat of Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (up to $150,000).

According to its press release, "Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (HFH GLA) strives to eliminate poverty housing through advocacy, education, and partnership with families in need to build simple, decent, affordable housing. Since 1990, HFH GLA has built more than 190 homes, transforming the lives of hundreds of people. In the spring of 2007, HFH GLA kicked off its three-year "Building a Greater Los Angeles" campaign to build or renovate more than 250 homes in Los Angeles County." Sounds like a plan!

I know there are far more worse areas in the world other than the city of Angels, Los Angeles (LA) but fact still remains, there is poverty even in the United States and there's one in LA. I believe people and companies are helping every which way they can in every opportunities that come. I am giving back to the Philippines, my home country in any small way I can. However, I live here in the US now too so this is my share... Clicking on the ad will redirect you to the Folgers website where you can vote. You can also check out and vote hundreds of ads created by others. Then there's the company ad starring Dr. Miranda Bailey of Grey's Anatomy, actress-Chandra Wilson and Journalist and world traveler, Lisa Ling.

Spare a minute or two every day to vote on the commercial or better yet, create your own (and start your own campaign) so we'll be on our way to helping Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles.

___________________________
_________________________________

UPDATE. 18 November 2007: You can view the entire ad from here, but as it turns out- Folgers deleted my ad on their main site because "someone" reported it as being offensive! WTF?! I wrote to Folgers upon learning this and I haven't heard back from them yet. This is the reason why I removed the navbar in my site- someone could play a prank on you or whatever and they flag your site as inappropriate then next thing you know, blogger takes out your site on the web! Most websites are handled by autobots- for all I know, blogger doesn't have a real person attending to its thousands of mails or complaints. I could be wrong, but tell me: how on earth can this ad be offensive or inappropriate to be taken down like that?!

0 taster(s) say...: